Pre-intermediate - Intermediate / B1-B2
Presenting addresses both the skills and the language required for giving effective presentations.
The six units cover:
- The first few minutes.
- Using equipment.
- Organising what you want to say.
- Maintaining interest.
- Dealing with problems and questions.
- Summarising and concluding.
Presenting provides six core units, each containing these sections:
- Warmer to raise awareness of the skills involved in effective communication and to introduce different strategies for developing these skills.
- Presentation and practice of core language connected to each skill.
- Over to you, which allows students to apply what they have learned to their real-life work situation.
In addition, the book contains:
- a needs analysis to help learners to think about their strengths and weaknesses in English and to identify and prioritize their learning needs;
- a personal learning journal to help students monitor their learning during the course;
- a review to help consolidate the language work students have done in each unit;
- a reference section listing the vocabulary, grammar and phrases covered in each unit;
- an answer key, including suggested answers and audio scripts.
Presenting is designed for classroom use, but is also suitable for self-study.